Monday, April 8, 2013

Eric L. Ross, M.Ed, MT-BC

M.Ed. (Candidate), MT-BC Music Therapist – Board Certified
Halifax, NS (Acadia University grad student in M.Ed.- Counselling program)

Art Form:
Music and music therapy

Philosophy statement:
Music has been a central focus throughout my life. I have long been aware of the power of music and its effect on thoughts, emotions, and behaviours. Its inspiring to observe clients benefiting from their involvement with music experiences. Using music as an agent of change in the therapeutic milieu with clients and engaging in arts-based research seem appropriate ways to share my love of music and the distinctively personal experiences it provides.

How did you find out about the ABRN? 
I heard about the ABRN through a faculty member who knew I was involved with music therapy. She was aware that my thesis investigates the use of a specific music therapy process as a form of self-care for counsellors. We agreed that this would be a great group to connect with!

What has being involved in arts-based research taught you?
Hearing of how other researchers are incorporating arts-based presentations of findings and engaging in arts-based research is inspiring and thought provoking—exactly what I need as a newbie researcher!

What is your hope for the ABRN? 
From my experience so far, this group of people is wonderfully creative and supportive. I hope that we continue to grow and create linkages with other like-minded groups in the pursuit of arts-based research.

No comments: